What to Expect:
The first time I see a patient I like to have plenty of time to get a detailed history, perform appropriate physical exams, order any labs or procedures that are required such as x-rays, ultrasound, etc. I may also need to send out for records that help me form a better picture of the patient to avoid going down trails that have already been thoroughly investigated. These appointments usually last 60-90 minutes. Return office visits generally run 30-60 minutes, depending on the complexity of the case.
Phone consultations-If you are interested in discussing your supplement needs without becoming a patient of mine, you can schedule a consultation with me.
Phone consultation information
- Complete Physical Exams
- Women's Health Care-including Gynecological exams and pap smears
- Standard laboratory tests:
- Chemistry panels
- Thyroid screening
- Nutritional assessment-cholesterol, triglyceride, cardiac risk factors
- Complete blood count/blood typing
- Allergy testing
- Specialty lab testing
- Saliva/blood spot testing for hormone status
- Complete digestive/microbial stool analysis
- Environmental pollutant exposure
- Neurotransmitter levels-for mental/emotional and hormonal balance
- Serum test for physiologic levels of specific vitamins/minerals/antioxidants
- Clinical Nutrition-The dietary approach to prevention and treatment of chronic and degenerative disease, championed for more than a century by naturopathic physicians, has recently gained the attention of conventional medicine. More than 40 scientific journals worldwide are devoted to clinical nutrition, and articles on the therapeutic use of diet or supplements appear regularly in conventional medical journals.
- Botanical Medicine-Many plant substances are powerful medicines, with advantages over conventional drugs. Most European countries recognize the effectiveness of medicinal plants, include them in their pharmacopoeias and regulate them as over-the-counter medicines.
- Homeopathy-A system of medicine more than 200 years old, with more than 100 homeopathic medical colleges worldwide. The basic homeopathic practice is based on the "law of similars" which takes into account the person's physical, emotional and mental state when prescribing the appropriate therapy.
- Lifestyle Counseling and Behavioral Medicine-Nutritional assessments, management of allergies and environmental sensitivities. We are trained in various psychological techniques including basic counseling, stress management and lifestyle modification.
- Consultations for Acute/Chronic/Degenerative conditions-Coordination of care with conventional medicine for patients who need both.
- Children's Health Care-To meet the special needs of infancy through adolescence. Referrals made to pediatricians where appropriate.